About Us - Peter Aitken & Byron Bay Lennox Head Hang Gliding
- Varnet sunglasses
- Dick smith -Australian Geographic
- Enterprise Wings Hang Gliders
- Moyes Delta Gliders
- Started hang gliding in 1982 on the sand dunes at Byron Bay.
- 1987 Most improved award at Eungella QLD Finished 10th out of a field of 90 pilots placed directly behind the complete Australian team.
- 1987 2nd B grade NSW titles, Killarney.
- 1988 3rd A grade NSW titles, Killarney.
- 1988 Flying assistant to Australian Team, World Masters, Mt Buffalo, Vic
- 1989 Personally broke world assent record climbing from 150ft to 19700ft in less than fifteen minutes in the Owens valley, California, USA. Maxed out at 22000ft later on!
- 1989 3rd Australian in Australian Championships
- 1989 5th Forbes flatlands, Tumut, NSW
- 1989 5th Engella, Qld.
- 1990 2nd Canungra Classic, QLD.
- 1990 1st Bogon Cup, Vic.
- 1990 20th World Championships, Govenador Valaderes, Brazil.
- 1991 10th USA nationals, Dinasore, Colorado ,USA.
- 1986 Began Teaching Hang Gliding as an apprentice with Ian Hird at Head Wind Hang Gliding Byron Bay.
- Chief Flying Instructor for the Hang Gliding Federation Of Australia.
- 5 instructor seminars to date.
- Wrote the syllabus for tandem hang gliding for the HGFA's operations manager.
- Level one coach with the Institute of Sport Australia.
- 9000 hours flying time.
- 7500 tandem flights.
- OH&S qualifications, green card.
- Senior first aid certified.
- Pro-flyte Byron/Lennox Hang Gliding established 1991.
Peter Aitken soaring at high altitude
Hugh Jackman and Peter Aitken after an awesome day hang gliding at Lennox Head